Friday, January 21, 2011

A Stamping Fool

 Gallery-sitting last Saturday for the Loading Dock Gallery in Lowell, I brought my class notes to edit. But I also carried supplies for making stamps. After an hour of editorial work,out came the insulation tape, foam core, etc,( including  my trusty linoleum cutting set, given to me about 45 years ago).  My experiments included carving foam core like a linoleum block and manipulating self-stick insulation tape:

Then I discovered  - hallelujah!- an ink pad in the desk.  All thoughts of writing were abandoned. Much merriness ensued:
 
 Today is another SNOW DAY. So while my family sleeps, I've made waffles and walked the dog. Now I'm going to my little studio. I'll finish that Valentine's Day project, get out my paints and become a printing fiend. Until it's time to shovel.









No comments: