Friday, January 29, 2010

New horizons



After dumping a substantial amount of liquid gelatin all over the stove and myself yesterday, I took my industrial-strength gelatin plate to the Big Studio today. We printed quantities of fabric, wild and crazy time.
Back at home I've pushed a smaller projects back into action. This piece has been bugging me for quite a while. Yesterday I stitched on it again, etching some dark and contrast in:
I took out my acrylic paints and worked over a piece which felt way too sweet for me. Now it will be the base for new ideas: Years ago a colleague told me, if you don't like something, don't throw it out. Use it to try something new. If you already hate it, you can't ruin it, her logic ran. And you might learn something. I've been reading some good books about acrylics and just signed up for a course, Painting Without Parameters, which I hope will push/lead me to new places.

1 comment:

Lost Aussie said...

Lovely to have found your blog via the comment about the old guy in PA. I hope you manage to catch him in.