Monday, July 27, 2009

Lowell Quilt Festival

If you enjoy pattern, color, and art, come to the Lowell Quilt Festival.

My studio mate Gwen Stith has curated a remarkable show, Fabrication of Imagination, at the ALL gallery, 246 Market Street, opposite the National Park Visitor Center in the Market Mills.Take a car or the train. In under an hour you'll be in Lowell.

Once there, you can walk or ride the free jitney to several venues, including Quiltscapes at the Whistler Gallery, A Sense of Balance at the Boot Cotton Mills, and What Followed Me Home at the American Textile History Museum.

Meet the artists at the ALL Gallery and at the Whistler on Saturday, August 8, from 2-4.

Downtown Lowell is beautiful, walkable, full of history. Stop in at VanGough's Gear for art supplies. Take a canal or trolley tour. Grab a bite at one of the many cafes. Come home with new ideas. Buy art. Spend a day in Lowell.

4 comments:

WandarArt.Stitch said...

Linda , your art. work is beautiful !!!

Virginia said...

Linda - I am so excited to be in the show with you. Can't wait to see you at the reception. I am a big fan of Jennifer Bartlett as well - love the idea of the prepared tiles!!! see u next week! peace, Virginia

abbyglassenberg said...

Thank you for introducing me to the Textile Museum. Now I need to plan a little family excursion to check it out. Is there anything there, or in Lowell generally, that you think we'd really enjoy? I've never been to Lowell. Thank you!

Patience_Crabstick said...

Thanks for stopping by my site, and I'm sorry you got stuck in the paint stripping trap.

Your art is beautiful. I love the wedding commission.