Saturday, May 16, 2009

Time's winged chariot

"But always at my back I hear
Time's winged chariot hurrying near."

I loved that line in college. I memorized the whole poem. Now time hurries forward, dressed not in courtship plumage but in to-do lists and unfinished business. This saying by Dolly Parton keeps drifting to the top of my stash, like a message in a magic 8 ball. So I made some new pieces and I'm getting them up to Etsy.
The gingham is from an old apron. The white used to be a curtain. The other fabrics are industry samples found at the recycle center. Saving the world, one scrap at a time.

I'm happy to say that last week's dyeing is washed and looks great, tho full of unexpected results. Photos coming next week. I have wanted for years to print yardage and here it is. I think I'm going to make myself some shirts with this wild fabric.

No comments: