Friday, May 30, 2008

Artist book


I am leaping into the void.For quite some time I've watched other artists make exquisite, revealing books. I like their intimacy, the reveal as you turn the pages, the invitation to examine elements and to absorb the whole.

All through my studio bits I mean-to-work-with lie secreted or scattered. Last week, I finally put some together.


The mauve in these photos is just what was on my table, but looking at the photos I think it may become part of the piece.


Even if I cannot aspire to Jeanne Williamson's Quilt a week vow, I can resolve to continue this project. It feels like the logical progression from my both my larger work and the countless small collages I've produced and sold over the past
years.








1 comment:

Vivien Zepf said...

I agree that part of what makes these pieces so beautiful is the personal voice expressed in each. I'm sure it will be very cathartic for you to create one.