Thursday, April 26, 2012

Sometimes you turn around and it's there

I always tell students to put a drop cloth down when they print on fabric. 
Not because it's tidy (tho' it is) but because you'll create unexpected marks, 
and who knows where that will lead.

 The raw material for this started as the drop cloth for one piece (blue) and
the clean-up rag for a student's excess paint (red).


It hung around my studio for a long time. Then one day I was printing circles on another piece, 
and a voice said "what if?"  The results startled me. 
I hung them on my studio door and waited to figure out what next.

This piece now fills my living room window. 
It says "More please. And bigger, too."

1 comment:

Rayna said...

Ah, yes. "what if? " always leads it unexpected directions...sometimes they are even good:-).