Friday, May 20, 2011

On My Desk Right Now

I am a sewing fool. With the help of a mix CD leftover from a pre-teen girl party (B-52's Love Shack, anyone?)  I have been stitching away on the Trio. I basted up the first Monday afternoon, quilted it Tuesday and buried the ends while waiting in the doctor's office Wednesday.
Cut trim for the edges and basted a second last night while my daughter ran through her Latin. Trimmed and sewed on the first's edging this morning.

The house has been empty today, and so the second two are quilted.

So many steps beyond creation to completion. Are there as many for painters? I know that bronze, when removed from the mold, requires hours of brute work to go from rough to smooth. My goal is to have all three ready for hand-stitching Monday, so I can move on to other pieces that have emerged since this project began.

No comments: