Friday, October 26, 2007

Production

My studio looks like a rat's nest. I actually tripped on my sewing machine's cord the other day and pulled it off the table. Yikes. Luckily no damage. The display rack holds completed work: fourteen purses so far. I revisited the two embellished army bags that remain:
The purses are assemblages of high-end upholstery fabrics, with the occasional scrap of hand-printed fabric.
On a detour, I futzed with some tiny journals, because the fabric I'd made just begged to be featured:
Here's an example of what's inside and on the back. Just a few signatures, more a whimsy than practical, but maybe there's an idea there somewhere.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Linda, Great blog...love your stuff! I have been looking for a small bag to take on my (very) upcoming trip to Art Quilt Tahoe (you know the kind - for $$, ID, tickets and phone) and I am in love with your brown version hanging in the above pictures with the blue flowers. May I purchase? Or are these for something else? Please let me know. Thanks and aloha! Dianna