Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Concord Show Saturday

 Saturday I have my first craft show, at the lovely First Parish Church in Concord, MA.  Always a wonderful event. A couple of dozen scarves tagged and ready to go.

New bags, new shapes. Once I admitted I cannot, cannot, do the same thing twice, it's like flying. Several incorporate bird prints from last year. This one has an outer pocket:

 This one is a print of my Winter Deer, overlaid with textures during a class demo on printing. I like its asymmetry.
 
 Meanwhile, teaching stirs up the urge to explore. One "reject" scarf became the subject for stenciling with iridescent paint. Now it's so elegant I'm going to keep it.
 The same stencil and paints (Never wash off what's left on the brush) transformed this multi-printed piece into a finished sample. I think it becomes a bag today.








Meanwhile this gelatin print got a layer of embroidery and embroidery-like dots of paint, and one pear is auditioning with another fabric. 
These beg to be mounted, don't they?

 

No comments: