Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Organization

My tidy-fit continues. Anyone who knows me might be tempted to check for a fever. Two large bags of scraps await pickup on the porch. Wonderful bits of hand-dye and lace are being repackaged as Craft Kits for resale.

I am turning the smallest scraps I love into tiny notebook covers. I love the clean lines, like a picture frame in miniature, and functional.
Each starts with one piece of high-quality upholstery fabric. A grace note of hand-printed fabric plus quotation on the front, then a tidy lining, the corners all folded, two pockets, and an elastic to hold it closed.Simplify. Simplify.
I'm tickled to have at last figured out how to stitch them together with one seam. Once I finish my paperwork (taxes, filing, mom's hospital bills) and teach (Alzheimer's patients today) I will make more.

3 comments:

Susan Webber said...

ONE SEAM!!!????!

Linda Branch Dunn said...

I am truly brilliant. The answer came to me in the night - I just woke up, and there it was.

Unknown said...

Please describe/show me the one seam. When you're feeling better dear. Lots of liquids, vitamin C etc...