Monday, September 8, 2008

New Energy

I am resolved: I will learn to Follow Through. This extends from the mundane (dishes INTO the dishwasher, please folks, not piling up in the sink for Mom to move) to the professional. So. This week I got this piece off my wall and mounted it.Just a few more steps to go here:
Two more quilt tops are waiting at the Big Studio.

I decided a whole-cloth piece that was giving me hell should just get cut down and reworked. Here's the first extract:
And during Open Studios on this past, muggy Saturday I made a half-dozen small collages, now in the queue for finishing. Here are two of my favorites:


I'm putting together my application to join the Loading Dock Gallery. Production has begun for the approaching shows. September 27 and 28, you'll find me demonstrating screen printing at Lowell Open Studios . In October, I'll have a booth at the the RISD Alumnae sale in Providence, October 11. October 12 I share a booth at the Boston Handmade show at SoWa in Boston. In short, it's fall. The heat's lifted. It's time to work. And I can think again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linda....oh how I wish I could say we have our fall..it's still hot hot hot here in California, but then it's a dry heat, nothing like your heat/wet. When you say "mount" your work, are you actually placing it onto something or do you mean you are sewing a sleeve and mounting it to the wall with a rod...I've seriously been thinking about changing how I finish an mount my work and I'll searching for mulitple ideas. Louise

Unknown said...

Linda, I love your new work! I'm looking forward to meeting you at the October 12 Sowa Open Market with the other BostonHandmade gals.

ps...would you mind moving my dishes into the dishwasher? No? I guess I'll get to it later.