Monday, August 29, 2011

Time for a break

After opening at the Stebbins, the show in Lowell, a trip to Lancaster PA, and the small adventure that was Irene, I am ready for some down time.
Dawn    

My Lowell show was supposed to come down yesterday, but with tree limbs down and roads flooded, a 40-minute commute did not seem smart. So we hunkered down at home. Power stopped at 11AM. Without coffee, I slept through much of the afternoon. Puttered in my studio. As the light dimmed, we gathered at the kitchen table, with all the candles we could find, and NPR on the battery-operated radio. I was struck by how quiet the world became, and how unused we are to not having chatter or music, and a general hum of equipment in the background.

Up at dawn to day, I drove to Lowell and took down my show. You may be able to see some pieces of it in Studio 512, during Open Studios this Saturday, noon to 5. Me, I'll be on the Cape, all my projects in a box, taking notes from the dog and sleeping in the sun.

1 comment:

Susan Webber said...

love it! love you! We're here in the studio reading your blog and thinking of you.

xoxo

Susan, Suzanne & Gwen