Thursday, June 3, 2010

Quilt Show this Weekend

The Quilter's Connection hosts its 23rd annual quilt show this weekend at the Arsenal Center for the Arts in Watertown, MA. Here's a photo from last year - let's just say I'm still this gorgeous.This morning I helped set up the Boutique. An amazing array of items for sale, all hand-made. Colorful, decorative, functional. From pincushions to purses, garments to gorgeous art, you'll find something here. Plus they are raffling off this extraordinary quilt, made cooperatively by the guild members:

The quilts were just going up as I left. I saw amazing pieces - huge translucent pieces inspired in part by Chunghie Lee's pojagi pieces. Extraordinary pieces with syncopated rhythms and to-die for colors.

The show is open Friday through Sunday. Parking is ample and free. For hours and directions go here. I'll be in the boutique Sunday afternoon. Stop by and say hello.

No comments: