Monday, March 17, 2008

Save Our Stories

Karen Musgrave and the Alliance for American Quilts recently teamed up with the Alzheimer's Quilt Initiative to document the stories behind the traveling exhibit of quilts, Alzheimer's: Piece by Piece. She interviewed me by phone last week, and posted our conversation on-line this morning. My words will be in the Library of Congress. What a strange feeling that is.


My quilt, Trying to Remember, is a tribute to my dad, who died with Alzheimer's some ten years ago. Here he is, as a young man, and much later, as I remember him.

1 comment:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Like the exhibit and the CD, I started to read through your interview and had to stop (but I'll come back later and work my way through). I saw the exhibit in Nashville (debut showing) - powerful, amazing, so full of emotion... as one of Ami's $1,000 promise quilters, I'm doing what I can to help "raise awareness and fund research through art"

Take care ~