Thursday, October 14, 2010

Fabulous Fabrications

 
The kitchen is nearly trashed. I've been using it for a studio again this morning.

My class, Fabulous Fabrications, meets tonight in Arlington.  Six wonderful women have signed up. They are  all so talented (tho' some deny it). We made self-portrait collages last week by way of introduction. Today we dive into gelatin printing. 
 
I overprinted on samples I had on hand. This circular grid made a beautiful effect: 
 
I love the dialogue that occurs between image and materials when printing. Each print surprises me and suggests another combination of color and technique.

Yesterday in my Alzheimer's class, one resident arrived tearful and breathless. "I need to get home," she kept repeating, "I don't know where I am." But she agreed to paint, and, for that hour, the tears receded. "This feels so good," she kept saying, "Thank you for inviting me. I feel so happy when I do this."


No comments: