Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Annual Quilt Show at the Arsenal

I spent the morning helping set up the boutique at my quilt guild's annual show in Watertown, at the Arsenal Center for the Arts. The place looks lovely now. The show invites all members to submit two pieces. In addition, they have a pair of stunning quilts to raffle. My own piece, To the Sea, is hanging opposite the doors as you enter.
To The Sea by Linda Dunn

The show runs Friday through Sunday May 2931, 2009 . There's ample free parking, or the 70 bus takes you within a few blocks. You can take a guided tour and watch demonstrations of quilting techniques. Talk to local artists about their work, or bring questions about yours.

A fabulous raffle quilt designed and made by guild members will be on display, and raffle tickets will be on sale for $1 each for the Sunday drawing.

My "boss" snapped a picture of me when we were all done set up, including my trade-mark rooster-feather hair feature:

No comments: